Attraction Near by
Thibaw Palace is located in the Gampatiphule district, 23 kms from the nucleus of the city. The Britishers had built the citadel in 1911 for the emperor and queen of Burma who were in exile. One of the major attractions of Ratnagiri city situated on a small hillock. There is also a best sunset point from here. One can have a panoramic view of Someshwar creek, Bhatye bridge to pawas and Arabian sea. This palace was used for keeping the King Thibaw, last king of Burma (now Myanmar) under house arrest. Thibaw ruled the Burma for 6 years.
The Bhayte Beach is situated at a distance of 1.5 KMs from the city of Ratnagiri. The beach is straight and flat. It is covered by the suru trees and came to be known as the Suru Ban. Bhatye is a small village very close to Ratnagiri city (approximate 1 km away). The village is well known for a mind blowing, flat sea shower. The length of the beach is approximately 1.5 kms and its very flat and straight.
The fort house is located at a distance of 11 kms from the city. Ratnagiri Lighthouse stands at the southern end of the Jaigad fort. The passage on the side of the Fort wall leads to the Lighthouse. Ratnagiri Lighthouse is situated in the Ratnagiri Fort, 11 km from Ratnagiri. Ratnagiri Fort, also known as Ratnadurg Fort, was built during the Bahamani rule. The fort had changed a lot of hands and was rebuilt on various occasions, but is now in ruins.
Ratnadurg Fort is encircled by the Arabian Sea from three sides. The dimensions of the horseshoe shaped fort are 1300 m length and 1000 m width. A lighthouse named as the Siddha lighthouse is situated at one of the bastions. A fort which is surrounded by the Arebian Sea from three sides. The fort is having a shape of Horse Shoe and a length approximately 1300 m and width 1000m. Its having strong fortifications from south-east to west side.
The Ambolgad fort had been built during the Maratha rule and is located in Rajapur Taluka.. The fort is now into desolated and most of the part of the fort has turned into ruins. A fort which is surrounded by the Arebian Sea from three sides. The fort is having a shape of Horse Shoe and a length approximately 1300 m and width 1000m. Its having strong fortifications from south-east to west side. Approximately at the center of the fortifications, there is a main entrance gate.
Tilak was born in a Chitpavan Brahmin family in Ratnagiri, headquarters of the eponymous district of present-day Maharashtra (then British India) on 23 July 1856.His ancestral village was Chikhali. His father, Gangadhar Tilak was a school teacher and a Sanskrit scholar who died when Tilak was sixteen.
Lakshmi Keshav is primarily worshipped by Maharashtrians and many of them consider this deity as their guardian God. Historical records show that the idol of Lakshmi Keshav was immersed in the Rankal Lake during the attack of Mughals. Installed in this temple in 1510, the 5 ft idol is made of stone. Lord Keshav is seen with four hands, each of them holding Chakra, Gada, Padma and Shankh. To the right of the idol, Garuda, Vishnu's vehicle is found. Goddess Laxmi, consort of Lord Vishnu can be seen on the left.
Born in village Teri in Kohat district, India (now in Pakistan), the young Beli Ram was initiated into the sanyasas in the early 1900s in Teri by Advaitanand Ji, who named him Swarupanand Ji. During Advaitanand's life, Swarupanand created an order of sannyasins (or renunciates) in northern India and founded several centers with the purpose of disseminating his master's teachings.